Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Reagan-An Emotional Post







I was 5 years old when my grandma was diagnosed and passed away from breast cancer. I didn't understand that it was goodbye for real. And to this day I still regret saying to her, "Why don't you have any hair, because you look weird without it." Even though I know my Grandma Kathy was strong enough to let it pass.This particular event in my life reminds me of one if my favorite songs. On the bus ride home from science camp, Hannah was singing Temporary Home by Carrie Underwood. When she began the ending verse about the old man in a hospital bed, I turned my head away and began to cry.I don't think Hannah understood why I was crying. Yes I thought of my Grandma Kathy during this time, but I was happy."This is my temporary home, it's not where I belong-"Carrie Underwood is right. Earth is our temporary home. We do not live here. "Windows and rooms that I'm passing through." We are just passing through these houses and stores and going in and out of cars."This was just a stop on the way to where I'm going, and I'm not afraid because I know, this WAS my temporary home." Emphasis on the WAS is because the old man is dying and his family is crying. He means that we are all going to leave this temporary home someday, whether it's tomorrow, or 50 years from now, our Heavenly Father has a separate plan for each of us. And that's why I am not scared of death anymore. This song is beautiful, sad, and inspirational all in one. It helped me realize that I will see my Grandma again in our permanent home in heaven. And for those who have lost a loved one, stay strong.Thanks,Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment