Monday, July 5, 2010

Reagan- Pinetop

The trees surrounded me with their arms sticking out like coatracks. I hurried to catch up with my family as they hiked down to the little spring where the water dribbled past rocks and little green plants and moss grew abundantly. The "nature hike" I went on with my family was just one of the many things I did on my 3 1/2 day trip to Pinetop, AZ. I almost got severely injured while riding a quad at the Quackenbush's cabin, but thankfully, my loving heavenly father was watching over me as I followed boys on quads and a ranger. My dad, brother, and I had a spiritual and heartwarming experience when my brother lost his phone on a rugged and huge golf course surrounded by cliffs of large proportions. Long story, but all the events fell into place in a way that WASN'T just a mere coincidence. I got stuck on a paddleboat at my aunt's parent's ranch on their pond with my sister when the wind suddenly picked up and got us jammed in the reeds. I got to speed around a track in a go kart as I tried and failed to win the race. I discovered Mateo's Mexican Grill Cantina and loved it. I highly recommend Mateo's to anyone near Pinetop or Show Low. My trip was definitely an adventure and a trip that changed me inside somehow. I look forward to returning to watch the mesmerizing fireworks on the fourth of July, and I am extremely thankful to be living in a free country! God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment